Menu
Josh_Gallagher
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 resets to factory defaults

At least twice now, and most recently at some point over the weekend, my Hub 3 has reset itself to factory defaults. When I log in it asks me for my language and then my password has been reset to the one on the base of the unit. It loses the fixed IP addresses I have configured changes the SSID names back to default, etc. 

Why does it do this? How can I stop it? Is the only solution getting a replacement box as other users seem to have had to resort to?

I am shortly about to switch to using a separate router and DHCP server so will want to put the Hub 3 in modem only mode. However, if it continues to reset itself like this it won't stick in modem only mode.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 resets to factory defaults

Hi Josh_Gallagher,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for reaching out with your concerns. I'm really sorry that you've been experiencing issues with your hub.

This symptom may indicate a faulty hub, as you've already identified, although it may just be a blip. I know it sounds silly, but have you tried performing a manual factory reset using the pinhole to see if this helps?

This should refresh the connection to our network and ensure that any pending updates are completed. We have recently rolled out a firmware update to fix this problem, so I'm hoping that we won't need to replace your hub. However, if you have tried this with no success, we'll need to clear account security and get a replacement sent out for you.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Josh_Gallagher
Joining in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachael,

Thanks for the response. I will try it when I get back home and follow up here. As a matter of interest (perhaps also for others finding this thread), what version of the firmware contains the fix? I'll have a check of what version is currently installed before I do the manual factory reset.

Regards,

Josh

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Rachael: Is that in the .613 rollout ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi both,

I'll be completely honest, I'm not entirely sure which update it was. I know that it should have been rolled out between late July and early August, but I don't know which version included the fix.

I have emailed a colleague from a relevant team to request this information and will let you know as soon as I've got a response.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
appleaday
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

That will be interesting, I am still on version .610

0 Kudos
Josh_Gallagher
Joining in
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I've just checked the firmware version installed (before doing the factory reset) and it is 9.1.1802.613. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Afternoon everyone Smiley Happy

I've had confirmation that it is indeed the 9.1.1802.613 firmware update which included the fix for random resets.

Our engineering team have advised that deployment of this was completed on Tuesday. I appreciate that you had this version prior to your manual reset, but it's always possible that it didn't go through fully. Have you noticed any improvement following your manual reset last night?

Our experts have also offered to take a closer look at the backend of your services, so I've passed over some details and they'll get back to me with their findings.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
appleaday
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I’ve just done a factory pin hole reset and I’m still on .610 not .613

@Rachael_F

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi appleaday,

Thank you for letting me know that you've also not updated yet. I have reached out for confirmation of why this may be and what else we can try to force this change.

I would usually expect a reboot/reset to initiate any pending changes, so it is a little bizarre that this hasn't happened for you. Would you be ok to bear with me until I've had a response from our engineering team? Of course, I'll keep this conversation flagged so I can come right back to you.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos