Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 reboot at peak times

Hi i'm new to this forum but i've been with Virgin Media for many years and this is the strangest proplems i've seen so far. I'm not sure if this is related to the fact that everyone is working from home due to covid-19 or my connection being crap...

My connection will drop at the peak times during the day and i cannot use the internet at these times due to the amount or reboots, below is Think Broadband's BQM this is just todays but each day looks similar.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/c6a7a3ad55505fc40d459d54abbdc0d5c81daa74-24-04-2020https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/c6a7a3ad55505fc40d459d54abbdc0d5c81daa74-24-04-2020

Direct Link 

I was intending to have the router in modem mode as I have a TP-Link Archer C2 v1 Router which when the super hub is in modem mode allows me faster wifi connection on 2.5Ghz mobiles.

I contacted VM's support number and did the usual pin reset and still having problems power levels are within the norm but there are at least 30 - 50k  pre RS errors and post RS erros are below 1k. I can post the full status report if anyone requests.

Is it me or is this a fault? or just the fact that its so busy in the centre of york that the quality of service is poor at peak times?

also i followed advice from other posts before considering this post, including adding a forward path attenuator 6db which helped a little and also someone mentioned plugging the power supply into a wall socket not an extension which i've just seen and plugged in at about 8pm, but i'm not convinced that will solve my problem.

Any feedback or adivce is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

TP-Link Archer C2 Router
Suber Hub 3 (awaiting Modem Mode after Faults Fixed)
Raspberry Pi Headless Pi running Pi-Hole

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 reboot at peak times

You don't need to wait use modem mode with your router it likely a fault with your line.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 reboot at peak times

Thanks for your prompt reply, I'm keen to switch it over to modem mode however everytime i ring VM they get me to do a hard reset and its just easier to leave it as is and I've configured my Archer C2 to play nice with the Hub 3, I just turned off the Wifi so my own Pi-Hole works as the DNS.

TP-Link Archer C2 Router
Suber Hub 3 (awaiting Modem Mode after Faults Fixed)
Raspberry Pi Headless Pi running Pi-Hole

0 Kudos