Menu
Fardap
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 power fail

Twenty mins on hold they hang up, second attempt twenty mins so far... 

Hub3 no power, adaptor works okay, Hub3 dead needs replacing any tips how to make that happen without listening to 60/70 soundtrack for another hour? 

Oh and only posting here as that is what their twitter account suggested so I don't actually expect it will be resolved here. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 power fail

VM will respond here, but can take hours, sometimes days, sometimes a week.

Best bet is to sit on hold if you want quick fix.

How do you know the adaptor works ok though?

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fardap, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that the Hub had stopped working. I've taken a look at the account to take a look at things and can see you since called and spoke to the team .They organised an engineer and this visit was completed. 

I can see your Hub is now showing as online with no issues. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Fardap
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Indeed it is now resolved.

However, this was only achieved by having to speak to customer relations and someone there managed to work around the system blocks to resolving the issue.

Basically when the HUB3 failed (internal power fault) there was also an outage for this postcode, so all the standard support could offer was for me to call back after it was resolved (not that I would know that as didn't have internet) and queue for another 25 mins and explain it all again to then get the hub replaced.
What I had to do was speak to customer relations and they thankfully were able to book an engineer visit (couldn't mail a box out) and circumvent the 'computer says no' scenario that is frankly ridiculous - as an engineer of 35 years I am fully able to distinguish between no broadband signal and no power to the hub - something your 'system' wasn't willing to easily believe. 
It was probably just unlucky to have two faults at the same time, one mine and one the network outage... not an ideal experience.

The engineer was brilliant though and to be fair so were both the employees on the phone they were just hampered by a system that thought it knew best.

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying back to us and I am so sorry that this has happened to you. I can appreciate this is not ideal at all and not the level of customer service we expect either. We do apologise. 

I am glad that this has been sorted for you and very glad to hear the engineer was great at fixing this issue. 

If you do have any more issues please do not hesitate to get back in touch and I am more than happy to help you to resolve the issue. 

Apart from that have a great rest of the day and enjoy the sunshine 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide