Menu
Cablequestion
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 not near LG tv

I have been using Virgin broadband for some time and recently got Virgin TV. My hub 3 is connected to the Virgin cable in the attic (where other house installed electronics, ie Sonos, reside) which was fine when we only had broadband. The issue is that the TV and the connected Virgin tv box is in a room on another floor. My issue is how to connect  the Virgin provide connector cable to my TV given they are not on the same floor. My TV room has preinstalled black coax wires that are connected to a multiswitch in the attic. I tried to connect the TV end of the Virgin cable to the corresponding black coax cable in the attic but no luck. I get s102 error when box is setting up. I know close to zero about cabling so any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 not near LG tv

Assuming the Hub in the roof space is fed from the VM external brown box. You will need an engineer to use a splitter in this box and feed another co-ax cable to the V6 TV box. Also you will need to drop an ethernet cable from the roof space, down the outside and back into the V6 TV box.  The engineer should be able to feed the ethernet in along with the co-ax. You can use wifi with the V6, but a cabled connection is preferable by far.

As this is a new contract for the V6, there should be no charge for this cabling work.  If you have the ethernet cable ready on the day, I'm sure the engineer will oblige.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos