Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 not activating/access denied

Hello all, 

So I just signed up to virgin media I got my modem sent plugged it in and activated the account. I still  kept getting flashing green light and no wi fi I rebooted twice. Nothing. Called again machine said that I was activated when I wasn't. Spoke to a person who sent another activation and reassured me this will work in 30 mins. Nothing. Turned off and on rebooted as well. Nothing. 

Still keep getting flashing green light. I linked the modem to my PC its saying access denied for internet. 

Can someone please help. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 not activating/access denied

With acknowledgements to newapollo.

VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the Hub / TV box you are installing. By doing this they will be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

The old method (which still works) is to reboot the Hub / TV box, and if it doesn’t go online you need to phone to get your box activated. 0800 953 9500.

You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number.

You could also try contacting New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. 

That would be 150 options 1,1,1 and 4 from a Virgin landline ,

Or

0345 4541111 options 1,1, 2 and 4 from any other phone

The best time to call is 08:00 when lines first open and are least busy.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am due to get one tomorrow, even though I do not want want as my Superhub 2 still works

Does this mean I have to wait a whole night with no internet to get through if it does not activate by itself?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@sticks hopefully youre luckier than i am and yours just works. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So I called up the number above the chap said there are some works being done in the area and it should resolve by 2 at the very most. 

I really hope thats the case and im not being fobbed off but ill know in the next 4-5 hours 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I never wanted to upgrade at all, but I was threatened with a price hike if I did not comply.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@sticks they seem very eager to take your money but no issues with fobbing you off and not fixing issues. 

Honestly very disappointed with the service I called 4 times and each time got a different answer. First two said it will be active in 30 mins even though its been 3 hrs. 3rd said there was works in the area (asked neighbours with virgin no issues) and it was going to get fixed by now so still nothing. 

Last phone call (20 mins ago) i got told there is issues with the line to the Hub itself so they will send it another team who will get in touch in a couple of hours (very doubtful they will) where they will need to send an engineer. Surprised they didnt catch it earlier. 

Honestly shouldve gone with another provider I thought virgin was worth the extra money but clearly not. Tempted to get out in my 14 day grace period. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Still no resolution to the problem going to be 48 hours without a single person having a clue what the problem is. Going to bet the next step tomorrow will be they will decide to send an engineer who will come in another 5-7 days. 

Cant wait to spend another 50 minutes per phonecall only to be hung up on. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Does this mean that this will happen to me?

Already Virgin Media seem to have put me on  ignore on Twitter

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@BigBrotherVM

Fortunately for me so far it has worked and the installation succeeded and I am back online, and all devices have been trained onto this Super Hub 3

0 Kudos