cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 light permanently on: can I get a replacement?

Louisb52
Joining in

My Hub 3 light is permanently red. It is not overheating and in a well ventilated spot. Started about a week ago. Tried multiple resets etc and still turns to red. I am a highly skilled technicians so I know what I am doing. Does the hub need replacing and can someone from VM reading this message arrange that?

LouisB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Always good to have highly qualified technicians who know what they are doing on here. 

Unless you have the hub in modem mode then you will indeed need a new hub. The VM forum team will get to you soon. Meanwhile keep the hub well ventilated and maybe unplug it overnight. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Always good to have highly qualified technicians who know what they are doing on here. 

Unless you have the hub in modem mode then you will indeed need a new hub. The VM forum team will get to you soon. Meanwhile keep the hub well ventilated and maybe unplug it overnight. 

Yep, saw the details about modem mode (and I have thought about it) but to be honest the new Hub 3 has worked very well even with the red light on and boosted the wifi in the premises so much I discarded the need for a separate wifi/router. Props to Virgin it is a decent piece of kit.

LouisB

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI Louisb52, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that there is an issue with the hub, this may need a replacement. I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into for you. - Chris