Menu
RustyDalek
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 ethernet connection is intermittent. But I fixed it myself, I just wanted to share!

Hi guys. I'm a new Virgin Media customer. I was having an issue with my ethernet connection to my pc. Wifi wasn't a problem at all, but I have a dinosaur pc that doesn't have wifi, so ethernet it is.
Anyway, my internet kept cutting out briefly for a few seconds, which made some tv services, voice/video calls and online gaming a nightmare. After numerous attempts to get thru to a human being on the helpline I finally got thru to a person. A very condescending one at that, who kept trying to talk me into resetting wifi. He just wasn't listening to me, wifi was not my issue. Wifi was absolutely fine.

Anyway... my issue I fixed myself with a little searching online. I googled network adapter issues, found my Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller, and the problem was with a setting for Energy-Efficient Ethernet. I turned it OFF. Problem fixed! No disconnections!
I just wanted to share here. Energy-Efficient Ethernet seems to be a default setting on pc's. Switching this off fixed my problem. So if you are having a similar issue give it a try! 😁

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 ethernet connection is intermittent. But I fixed it myself, I just wanted to share!

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you @RustyDalek

Pleased to see that you've been able to find a solution to the problem with a stable connection on Ethernet connection on the ageing PC

Thanks for the tip and hopefully this will serve other users of our Forums well in future

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos