Menu
RileyDylan
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 and no wall socket

Hi there,

I’ve moved into a new place and I decided to arrange the internet in advance (our letting agency stated they had a partnership with Virgin at this property).

Virgin offered me the quickstart setup (Hub 3) as they had this property registered with them already. Having moved in, I cannot find a wall socket for the life of me (just a phone one) and the one wire I see isn’t fitting with my router. There is an old Virgin Hub 2 router in the cupboard so is it sounding like the cable’s been cut? There is no way of using the Virgin phone socket, right?

I’ve been on the Virgin service for 3 1 hour stints today with no success, and I can’t find any help online. Is there an email I could write to because I can’t seem to find one?

Thanks guys

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 and no wall socket

start outside and look for the external wall box - 6" square ish usually on wall facing road or pavement - brown or grey usually - follow any cables that come from it and go inside - if there are non look inside opposite external box as they may just have drilled through wall - it may just be a cable rather than an internal wall box

Tony
0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 and no wall socket

Hey @RileyDylan,

Sorry to hear of the issues that you're having getting your broadband setup at your new home.

If the cable had been cut there would still be a box on the inside of your house, as @-tony- suggested, have you been able to locate the omnibox on the outside of your home? 

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos