Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 Settings Login Occupied and Static Ip question.

Hi all

I was wondering if anyone else has come through this problem. Every couple of days and while trying to access the Hub 3 Settings it tells me that someone else is logged in and cannot access the settings page. I have rebooted the router a couple of time while this happens and it goes back to normal. A couple of days later history repeats it self. I shall mention that the Admin password is not the factory one and It's a strong one aswell.

Is it an equipment bug or something as I noticed on another post someone else mentioned that he couldn't access his settings due to the same issue. 

Also what is peoples thoughts about using static IP on their devices? Reason I am asking is that our alarm don't want to communicate with the company when it's setup as a static IP from the device. Although it is showing at the connected devices it doesn't make it the other end. Once it's setup as to get IP from the router then everything works as normal. can't really understand why. 

Any help and suggestions appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 Settings Login Occupied and Static Ip question.

The some else logged on syndrome seems to be a “feature” of the latest firmware release. The only thing I can think of with setting a fixed IP address in a device is that you must also set the default gateway, your hubs address usually 192.168.0.1, and the DNS servers, something like 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 if you do not want to use the VM ones whose address I do not have a note of. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tudor

I see. So until the syndrome gets resolved we will have to reboot the equipment. Hmm ok I think I can live with it for a while.
As for the IP settings on my alarm I just followed the same setup as it was with the previous equipment. 
The desired IP, gateway of course changed as router IP is different and DNS was set up as the gateway IP. It worked perfectly fine with the old equipment from BT so I didn’t imagine that will affect it. 
Anyway I will try and see if the DNS settings will affect it. Again it’s not something crucial but I’d like to keep the same uniformity across things. You know when you want to access things from afar and you know all your IP’s right and suddenly you need to look for it as it’s now dynamic and MAY have changed. 

Again thanks a lot and appreciate your time. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi K3lemvor,

You could also try physically logging out of the hub settings home page just as an exercise to see if that helps rather than having to reboot the hub.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Newapollo

Yes have tried logging out after the session but after a day or so when I try to log back in the same message appears again. No one else is logging on apart from me. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi again,

in the past when that's happened to me I've managed to log in via an incognito window, but it's taken a few tries

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@K3lemvor wrote:

Thanks Tudor

I see. So until the syndrome gets resolved we will have to reboot the equipment. Hmm ok I think I can live with it for a while.
As for the IP settings on my alarm I just followed the same setup as it was with the previous equipment. 
The desired IP, gateway of course changed as router IP is different and DNS was set up as the gateway IP. It worked perfectly fine with the old equipment from BT so I didn’t imagine that will affect it. 
Anyway I will try and see if the DNS settings will affect it. Again it’s not something crucial but I’d like to keep the same uniformity across things. You know when you want to access things from afar and you know all your IP’s right and suddenly you need to look for it as it’s now dynamic and MAY have changed. 

Again thanks a lot and appreciate your time. 

A couple of things, firstly the BT hub acts as a DNS proxy so setting its address as the DNS servers is fine but I don't believe the VM hubs works the same way so rather than statically set the DNS address on your device to be 192.168.0.1, make it 194.168.4.100 and 8.100 which are VM's DNS server addresses, or indeed it'll probably work if you set Google's (8.8.8.8) or anyone else's. I suspect that your device couldn't get name resolution if you had set it to be the hub address.

Do you happen to have the VM connect app installed on any of your devices? If so, there seems to be a number of posts suggesting that it isn't always well behaved in that it logs into the hub (or at least the hub thinks it has logged in) and doesn't want to let go. Hence the 'someone is already logged into the hub' message.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Jem101

I didn’t really know that for the BT hub and will definitely try and set it up with Google’s DNS or VM’s. Believe you’re right on that didn’t even cross my mind. 
And yes I do have the app that’s where I saw the problem initially. Let’s see tomorrow will be testing day for both and hopefully both of my questions will be solved. 

Cheers guys appreciate your help and time. 

0 Kudos