Menu
garycafc
Tuning in
Message 1 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 MS Teams disconnecting or can't hear but the other members can hear me

Hi, Please can someone help.  I have a virgin hub 3 box and need to use MS Teams but find if someone calls me, they can hear me, but I can't hear them.  If I call back immediately it appears to be OK.  If I set up meetings or join teams meetings, it disconnects after about 5 seconds.  I have no issues with any other programs including Zoom.  Reading comments about Hub3, I set the Hub to Modem mode and connected to a TP-Link Router, ran I LAN cable direct, but this still hasnt helped. I also turned off Parental Controls in my online account.  I've ensured Teams is up to date. If I tether of my mobile (virgin), Teams works perfectly.   I would appreciate any help as I need this for my work.  Thanks. 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 MS Teams disconnecting or can't hear but the other members can hear me

What is your connection like using a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
garycafc
Tuning in
Message 3 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 MS Teams disconnecting or can't hear but the other members can hear me

Hi Mike,  Thanks for getting back to me promptly.  Yes it seems fine.  I have a macbook.  Firstly I was connected via Wifi, then I used the Virgin Media home plugs, then I ran a long CAT5 cable directly from the home hub to the macbook.  Internet speed is always pretty good.  I gave the macbook a fixed IP instead of DHCP.  Then lastly I bought a brand new router TP-LINK Archer C50 and again run the CAT5 cable direct.  It only seems to work correctly if I tether off the mobile.  I have the 500mbph broadband.  

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 27
Flag for a moderator

How does MS Teams behave with the MacBook connected directly to the VM Hub using a Cat 5E/6 Ethernet cable ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
garycafc
Tuning in
Message 5 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike,  No difference.  I hoped switching the Hub to Modem mode and using a router would resolve the issue but has not made a difference.

0 Kudos
BrianY
Rising star
Message 6 of 27
Flag for a moderator

TP-LINK Archer C50 -The spec shows a LAN spec of 10-100Mbps
A bit on the slow side if using on a 500Mb service?
0 Kudos
garycafc
Tuning in
Message 7 of 27
Flag for a moderator

To be honest, I found quiet of a lot of reviews saying it works well with the Hub 3 and was looking for something quick and on a budget.  Do you recommend I go for a spec router?  Is there any reason why Teams just doesnt work with the Home Hub 3?

0 Kudos
BrianY
Rising star
Message 8 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Nothing wrong with the spec of the C50 if you are on a 50Mb/100Mb service, just that would be your maximum download speed.
I use a TP-Link Archer C7 on a 200Mb service (mid price), other routers are available but the crucial point is an 1000Mb/1Gig LAN interface required.
0 Kudos
garycafc
Tuning in
Message 9 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike.

I can see these are available on amazon so will upgrade the router and let you know how I get on.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
garycafc
Tuning in
Message 10 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike,

I purchased and set up the new router Archer C7 as suggested.  I am connected currently using wifi 5.Ghz.  If I run a broadband speed test, I am getting over 220 mbps, yet I still get the same Teams disconnection problem.  This morning a colleague called me on Teams.  He could hear me.  I couldn't hear him, but then after a few seconds, I received 'Sorry, we couldn't connect you' from Teams.  When I called back it appears OK when talking, although my colleague then tried sharing his screen, but this failed.

Any further tests I can try?

0 Kudos