cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3, Asus Zen AX XT8 and Telephony

ehdciabu
Joining in

Grateful for any help. 

I just installed an Asus Zen AX XT8 router and placed my Hub 3 into modem mode. Unfortunately, the telephone line appears to no longer work. I wonder whether there is a work around this? Or do I have to turn my hub 3 back into a router and if so, would there be a conflict with the Asus router?

Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The telephone line should work in either mode. Have you put the hub back into router mode to see if it still works in that mode?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

If it doesn't work in modem mode but works in router mode, the best workaround would be:

• Put the hub back into router mode but disable both wifi channels in hub mode.
  • Put the Asus XT8 into Access Point mode Instead of router mode.
  • To connect to the Asus Gui to change it to access mode, the 192.168.x.x number will be different. You will need to go into hub settings and look for it under connected devices and then type in the 192.168.x.x address the hub has given it.
  • Alternatively swap the Asus to AP mode before you swap hub to modem mode.

Doing this you will be using the router function of the hub, all the ethernet ports will work but using the wifi of the Asus Ax and the ethernet ports will also work on the Asus.

My telephone line still plugs into socket on wall, so never had this issue.

20211224_061917.jpg

Problem resolved. Many thanks Tudor and Stobbsy for the response.