Menu
Suze100
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 settings

Hi, I reset my hub 3.0 today because the WiFi has been intermittent.   I now only have the one network whereas previously I 2g and 5G but I can’t remember how I can fix this.   I know how to login to the hub so if anyone can tell me what to do next that would be great - thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 settings

Here you go...

Type in  http://192.168.0.1  into your web browser’s url box and login with settings password on the Hub's base sticker (or your own if you changed it). Then in Advanced>wireless>smart wifi - tick the disable “channel optimisation” box and save settings.  Then, go to advanced>wireless>security, rename the 2.4 & 5 GHz network ssid's.  Just change 'em to whatever you like and something that will differentiate them (e.g - xxxxx2 & xxxxx5) -- use the same password if you like,  Then, apply settings and restart the Hub.  Your 2 wifi networks will now be clearly separated - and you can then select the network you want to connect to individually from the "available networks" list on each device. 

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Suze100
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 settings

Thank you so much for your help - much appreciated!

0 Kudos