Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 reset password

Hi, despite four attempts I can’t get the Hub 3.0 to reset so that I can access the settings. I don’t actually remember changing the log in password from that shown on the sticker, but even though  I’ve followed the instruction given on this site ‘ step by step’, I can’t login to the Hub. Could you help me please.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 3.0 reset password

are you using the password off the bottom of the hub not the wifi password on the pull out card

if so some have had success by holding the reset button in for over a minute rather that the 30sec thats normally said to be enough

Tony
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony, if I already did all that, but I can't reset it and I don't remember changing the password, it's 8 or ten numbers at the bottom.

I will keep trying.

Tank you. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Do a factory reset - but do it this way.

With the Hub "on" push in the pin on the back/side/bottom of the Hub with the end of a paperclip until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" 60 seconds do NOT restart the Hub after that.
Leave it 5' or so to stabilise and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card.
Use the Hub password - not the wifi one
If that doesn’t sort it - call it in as faulty.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos