Menu
Sot
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 keeps won't connect (registration failure)

I rent a room in a share house. I have a coaxial cable in my room and I tested with a friend's virgin hub 3 and it is live. I dought on ebay a used hub 3 and now its says registration failure. What can I do??

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Sot

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 keeps won't connect (registration failure)

You can throw it in the bin and call VM to sign up to get their service.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Utter waste of money, all VM hubs are owned by VM and effectively rented to you. Anyone selling one is committing a criminal offence. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why should it work and give you free wifi?

The other router is registered legally with VM and your coax is 'live' - your ebay router is an old one that has been .binned' and no longer registered with VM...

Using your example: one person pays for VM wifi in a block of flats eg 12 …  and the other 11 log onto it and get it free!!!

Or reverse it … 

You pay your electricity bill and the other flats connect into yours wiring and receive it for free!!!

Moral:  Don't buy on ebay unless you know what you are buying and its' legality!!!   … ZvnK ...

0 Kudos