Menu
Jonah65
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 default password

Hi

I'm experiencing regular drop outs of around 60 seconds and then it reconnects (broadband not TV). I'm trying to access the Hub 3 using 192.168.0.1 but cannot find a correct password. I've tried the 8 digit number on the box and several other 'default' passwords I've found on the internet but to no avail.

I've not changed anything since I've had it (around 8 months) - why does this seem to be a recurring issue with so many people?

any advice greatly appreciated (in layman's language please!)

thanks

AFewScoops
Dialled in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 default password

Hi Jonah65

Welcome to VM Community.

If you still having issues with accessing the hub setting, please follow instructions below.

let me know if this works?

Factory Reset The Hub!

• On the back of the Hub, press the pinhole reset button for 10 seconds
  • We recommend using a pin/pen for this
  • It can take 5 to 10 minutes for the Hub to fully reset
  • Once the white power light on the front of the Hub is solidly lit you’re good to go

Tip: The Hub will return to its factory settings, so if you’ve made any changes like updating your WiFi password, you’ll need to set these up again after the Hub has reset.

——————————————————
I work for Virgin Media, but all my options are my own.

REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU
**************ASK ME HOW***************
***************SEND A PM****************

If you found this information useful or please click thumbs up on Kudos icon and marking as a helpful answer.
THANK YOU ?
——————————————————
0 Kudos
Jonah65
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

done that but no good, I'm using the 8 digit number on the bottom of the box. I have a vague recollection of once being able to access it using a 4 digit code I found on a forum (something like 1234) but that doesn't work either

0 Kudos
Jonah65
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

can anyone help?

I've reset the box, it seemed ok for a while but then all devices in the home are disconnecting for short periods and then reconnecting. Still can't log in to the hub without a password

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Do another pin hole / factory reset using this exact method.

Instructions for Hub 3

Disconnect all unneeded ethernet cables from the rear of the Hub.

With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar (I use a mobile phone SIM Slot tool) and do a pinhole reset.

Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.

DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

Once a steady white and no other lights are illuminated check your system again.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Jonah65
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

box is reset and wifi shows as connected BUT internet connection keeps disconnecting on all devices (4 in all)

please advise

0 Kudos
Jonah65
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

further to this

diagnostics say there is a problem with wifi, green wifi light often flickers and is sometimes permanently on

Untitled.pngUntitled 2.jpg 

0 Kudos
Jonah65
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi again, is there anyone from Virgin who could comment please?

it looks like this is a common problem on here regarding sudden degradation of wifi performance, everything was fine up until a week ago.

Exact same problem as this thread https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Low-Signal-Strength-on-Hub-3-0/td-p/4228327

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You can either phone in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Jonah65
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

ok, thanks

0 Kudos