Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 can't connect to Internet after moving house

Hi again.

Hope someone around here could help out or give advice. Following a house move the VM equipment won't connect to broadband. I've spent the last few days chasing VM support over the phone until I was told that that the old account is has been deactivated and I now have a new account number so I should receive a new quick start kit (also got an SMS with a parcel number). Today the kit arrived and it only included an isolator cable (and obviously this whole mess is because I need to get a new Hub3 router which could access the Internet in the new address). Tried several times to call VM support to ask if I should expect another parcel but I'm getting that "due to virus quarantine, our call centers are closed" and  that's it.. There's no way to get any human being to talk to and sort this out.
Also when I log in to myvirginmedia.com I can see my old account number and that "You're not with Virgin Media anymore", obviously I have a new account number but I can't update or change that through the site and I can't register again since my email address is already taken (and not sure that's the right way to go anyways).... This is turning out to be a true nightmare, especially since every call where I can actually talk to someone takes ~1 hour wait.
Please help, I don't know how to resolve this further. Thank you.

Ariel Hayoun

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hello Ariel

Thanks for posting more details for us, we're eager to help as much as we can. When did you speak to us to advise you were moving property and to arrange for the new account to be set up?

Did we advise when the equipment will be delivered?

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I've filed the web form for moving on 22.03 and moved on the 26.03. VM told me they only received the form on the 26th and I should wait several days before reactivation since old account also included a phone line.

Today it was supposed to be done but instead I only got this kit that inclided an isolator cable and I don't know of any additional equipment that I should receive (and I'm assuming I'll need a Hub device registered with the new address).

Thank you, 

Ariel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 can't connect to Internet after moving housr

Yes its solid white light, but this is the Hub3 registered with my old address. The GUI says that "Access Denied" for Internet access. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 15 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ariel_hayoun_82, 

Thanks again for confirming. 

Has anyone been in touch with you since your post? If not let us know and we can take a look at your account 🙂 

Thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi yes, I posted another question on yhe same forum and someone asked tge Hub's MAC address and updated it which solved the problem. Thank you very much. 

I do have another question about configuring a TP-Link Archer A7 router with VM Hub3 (in modem mode) and how to go about doing that, but I can pist it as a separate question. 

Thanks again for the help. 

Ariel

0 Kudos