Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 can't connect to Internet after informing of house move and moved house

Hi ,

I have moved house two days ago from my old house (with Virgin Media) to a new house (also with Virgin media). I informed Virgin about the move on the 22nd of March, got an email confirming the information of the move telling me that we will be contacted within 72 hours.  No one contacted us in that time. Since then, I have been trying to get into contact with Virgin but I keep getting to the point to speaking to an agent and then informed that the call centers  have been closed.

Then I found through Virgin's page, that the move could be done via quickstart.  So we moved house I have setup my Hub and the Hub shows green Wifi Light and green intermitent light at the bottom.

I have checked through the Hub's settings and it stated that "Internet Access (denied) " on red.  I have tried to restart the Hub, plug it, unplug it, reset it up but and follow the screen that appears after connecting to the Hub that tries to help with the problem but at the end we reach the same problem.

Can anyone at Virgin help, I have seen that this has happened a week ago to someone else here (https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Hub-3-0-can-t-connect-to-Internet-after-m... ) on the forum and that a moderator helped him to activate the account.

Me and my partner are working from home and no internet makes things impossible at the moment. In addition to this a member of our household suffers from epilepsy and requires internet access for a seizure sensor to inform us of a seizure event when unsupervised.

Many Thanks,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 3.0 can't connect to Internet after informing of house move and moved house

Have PM'd you

Regards

Rich

Here to help! I'm a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more
REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 can't connect to Internet after informing of house move and moved house

I’ve just received my Hub 3.0 and was told it was easy to setup and connect to internet.

The top light is solid green while the bottom light flashes non stop, for longer than “why not grab a cup of tea” - in fact it’s been 3 hours! 

Im surprised that the white cable plug has the same single pin as the socket I’m connecting into. 

My phone recognises the Wifi but cannot connect. 

I’d value some help and a resolution would be great.

This is my first time with Virgin and after the Telesales guy informed me I could call him “anytime” it appears that 1630 on a Friday is no good. 

Also, the helpline advertised is closed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@RBG wrote:

I’ve just received my Hub 3.0 and was told it was easy to setup and connect to internet.

The top light is solid green while the bottom light flashes non stop, for longer than “why not grab a cup of tea” - in fact it’s been 3 hours! 

Im surprised that the white cable plug has the same single pin as the socket I’m connecting into. 

My phone recognises the Wifi but cannot connect. 

I’d value some help and a resolution would be great.

This is my first time with Virgin and after the Telesales guy informed me I could call him “anytime” it appears that 1630 on a Friday is no good. 

Also, the helpline advertised is closed.

What's your problem got to do with this thread?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Carl

Im new here and just followed the prompts given by this site. 

im sorry if I am in the wrong place. 

Where should I be posting? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@RBG wrote:

Hi Carl

Im new here and just followed the prompts given by this site. 

im sorry if I am in the wrong place. 

Where should I be posting? 

You should start your own thread really, rather than replying to someone elses!

"Post a Question"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Oh I’m really sorry - I thought I was in the right place.

I’m so so sorry for causing offence. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@RBG wrote:

Oh I’m really sorry - I thought I was in the right place.

I’m so so sorry for causing offence. 

No offence caused, just pointing you in the best direction to get help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you 

0 Kudos