Menu
kelly_s
Joining in
Message 1 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 base light flashing green

The base light on my hub has been flashing green since 8.30pm last night. I have tried resetting the hub by putting a pin in the reset hole, waiting 60 seconds, turning off the power for a few minutes and then switching it back on. I have tried it over a dozen times. When i switch it back on the sequence is as follows (1) base is steady white; then (2) all the 'icons' light up red then green and then they go off again; (3) the white solid base starts to flash white and then (4) the base starts to flash green and the wifi symbol lights up as a permanent green.

How can i fix this as i am currently piggybacking from my mobile phones internet and its costing me money as i NEED internet service.

thanks

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 base light flashing green

See my post

Green light was flashing this AM

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
kelly_s
Joining in
Message 3 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for advice. Unfortunately my mobile phone contract does not allow me to call premium rate numbers so I can't phone virgin to register this issue.

Annoyingly I also do not have TV either as the v6 cannot connect to the 'virgin media centre'. I've read a few complaints online from other people that say that if the hub isn't working, nothing will!!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 29
Flag for a moderator

@kelly_s wrote:

Thanks for advice. Unfortunately my mobile phone contract does not allow me to call premium rate numbers so I can't phone virgin to register this issue.

Annoyingly I also do not have TV either as the v6 cannot connect to the 'virgin media centre'. I've read a few complaints online from other people that say that if the hub isn't working, nothing will!!

Virgins CS number is not premium rate. It is a non-geographic standard line number. If you have inclusive minutes to UK landlines this must also include Virgins 03 number.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/advice/what-are-03-number...

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 29
Flag for a moderator

@kelly_s wrote:

You still need to phone them somehow.

They told me they could not see the hub so I guess that means a network fault, it turned out that way in my case, so engineering intervention was needed and still needed to get my speed back.

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi kelly_s,

Sincere apologies for your connection issues. The cause is some rather severe network errors and low SNR on your part of the network. This will have resulted in an intermittent/slow connection. A network technician has been assigned to investigate and we're hoping to have an update later today or tomorrow, I shall check and update on here as soon as we have some news.

The reference for the fault is F006457088 and I've fully noted this on your account.

Kind regards,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Just by way of update - the network has been clear of errors since this morning so the network technician will check again tomorrow.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Network still clear so this looks to be resolved. Should you encounter any further issues please post an update and we'll be happy to investigate.

Take care 🙂

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
kelly_s
Joining in
Message 9 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Yes it seems to be working well now. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Yinnn
Settling in
Message 10 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I am having the exact same issues as the lady above. The base light has a solid white at the start then all of the lighs turn red at once. The base light then became a flashing white and slowly turned to a flashing green. I cannot connect to the internet at all, also this may be due to the rain last night? Not too sure. What can I do? 

0 Kudos