Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 Router Status Help

Hello

Can anyone help clear up what one of the options in the Router Status / Configuration tab means please? 

From check router status > router status > configuration, the first line shows "Network Access: Allowed"

Is this a general network status, showing everything is working correctly, or is it something to do with Remote Access (which as far as I am aware is something I definitely dont want to allowed/enabled)

I have logged into my router and confirmed that Remote Access is disabled, but a little paranoid after seeing the Network Access status in the main config tab

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 3.0 Router Status Help

@rupertgiles wrote:

Hello

Can anyone help clear up what one of the options in the Router Status / Configuration tab means please? 

From check router status > router status > configuration, the first line shows "Network Access: Allowed"

Is this a general network status, showing everything is working correctly, or is it something to do with Remote Access (which as far as I am aware is something I definitely dont want to allowed/enabled)

I have logged into my router and confirmed that Remote Access is disabled, but a little paranoid after seeing the Network Access status in the main config tab

Thanks for your help!

If I'm correct, it means you have internet connection and you aren't restricted.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - so we can be confident this setting has nothing to do with Remote Access?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@rupertgiles wrote:

Thanks - so we can be confident this setting has nothing to do with Remote Access?

Yes 🙂

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos