cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to temporarily disable 5Ghz Wireless?

KevLusted1
Joining in

I need to temporarily disable the 5Ghz wireless signal, to enable me to reinstall WiFi bulbs and sockets around the house, after a Hub 5 install.

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@KevLusted1  You can do this by logging into the Hub5 settings page Advanced settings> Wireless> Wireless signal and select the checkbox to disable 5Ghz.

However you should be able to save all the hassle of changing each devices settings by simply changing the SSID and password for the new Hub5 to that used on your previous Hub.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Client62
Legend

For some devices, the Hub 5 brings a compatibility problem by having Wi-Fi 6 ( 802.11ax ) on both 2.4 and 5Ghz.
The symptoms for not working with Wi-Fi 6 are the device does not find the Hub 5 Wi-Fi signal.

KevLusted1
Joining in

All sorted, log in, go to wireless, turn off smart WiFi, apply changes, log out. Log back in, and hey presto, I can disable each of wireless as wanted.