Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

How to get VM to finish an install

Hi,

I moved into a new build house 13.03.20 and it had BT and Virgin fibre cables at the house with pull cords and internal cables under the stair (Virgin has 4 x 2 pairs of cables - BT had 1!). I signed up with BT as they visited me the day after moving in. 

I am left with Virgin cables at my house on a pull cord and a white cable sticking out my wall, as well as the 4 pairs of cables under the stir - All need making good, all look quite bad in present state plus open to the elements outside.

I have been trying to get Virgin Cable Care team to complete the installation (I want to option to change to Virgin in the future). Now I have been trying for 3 months now with no luck. The online chat is of no use at all, all they want is to know your account number (obviously I don't have one), then when there is no sale for them they pass you to somebody else who again wants nothing but your account number. Nobody in the online chat understands what I need i.e. simple visit by a VM engineer to tidy up the installation of VM cables at my house. The telephone line is just as useless for my issue. I did mange to get a text from "VM Cable" and reference number "55673744" on 29.05.20.

However when I chase the progress of this via thew online chat / phone number it is useless as nobody on there understands what I am looking for.

Please can you advise a direct email or contact number for VM Cable Care Team? Or how I chase this issue to get the works complete. VM customer care phone number and online chat via website are useless and do not help so need an alternative method or one which has an someone who can understand my request.

It would be a shame to get the house builder to remove the cables as then I won't have the option to change to virgin in the future.

Hoping you can help.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to get VM to finish an install

Hi ,

whilst I cannot comment directly on tour case I can confirm that Virgin Media do not install the cabling into new build properties, this is done by the home builder/developer.

All your cabling should have been installed behind blanking plates as Virgin Media do not send out technicians to complete any work. The technicians would open up blanking plates upon installation of services.

My advice would be to speak to your developer to understand why exposed cables have been left around your home.

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos