Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How to cancel if the support phone is not picked up

Hello all,

I've been trying to phone from my mobile to the designated phone number to cancel my contract 0345 454 1111. The phone is getting picked up but it says that waiting time up to an hour.

I've been trying for many days and it has been the same and after 10-15 minutes, phone gets disconnected. There is no other channel of communication like email ID or support ticket!!!

If any virgin media staff read this, please cancel my account [REMOVED]

as I have already stopped using it and moved out.

thanks/Amit

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to cancel if the support phone is not picked up

Hi Amit,

You need to edit your post and delete your account number as it's against the forum rules.

There are 3 ways to cancel, I know you've tried but phoning up first thing on a morning when call centres open (8am) and are least busy is the best way to cancel.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of cancellation  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Or write to them to as per the terms and conditions. If writing send it by registered post.

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

If you are still in contract there may be some early cancellation fees

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The most reliable way to cancel is in writing, and it avoids arguing with sales people who will pressure you to stay.

0 Kudos
Superstar
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi you should not post personal details on here its a public forum and lays you open to fraud. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Read your contract that you agreed to when you signed up.

You have to give 30 days notice of closing your account. You also have to return the equipment, or you will be charged for it, so I hope you have not abandoned it there.

0 Kudos