Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

How to cancel contract before installation

I received a phone call yesterday at 17:06 from Virgin to let me know my installation had been delayed yet again, from 27th October to the end of November. As this is the 3rd time my installation has been rescheduled I said I wanted to cancel my contract. I asked for confirmation in writing & they said they would send an email straightaway. The only email I received was one at 17:17 telling me Virgin are really sorry about the delay to my installation. How do I get confirmation that my whole package has been cancelled. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How to cancel contract before installation

Getting a simple confirmation out of VM can be surprisingly difficult.  I'd suggest that because the company can't manage voice or digital communications, you should cancel by post, sending your letter by recorded delivery as per section N of the Terms & Conditions.  Even then you may not get an acknowledgement.

As a separate thing, why not raise a formal complaint asking for cash compensation for all the inconvenience, and if there's any missed or cancelled at short notice appointments.  Should be £100 to be had there! 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks