cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to book pre-install engineer - need to know what would be involved, shared driveway

Cbeereend
Joining in

Hi,

I am looking to switch to Virgin Media on the pretty good Ultrafast deal going until 23rd June. However, although the postcode checker says VM will work, I'm not 100% convinced as I know neighbours in our area on shared driveways have had issues. When I fill in the application, it lets me book an installation date, but there is some mention in the FAQs about possibility of digging up drive/garden etc, which might not be possible for us on a shared drive. If it's not possible without minimal intervention, then I just won't switch - I really don't want the faff of complicated installation. 

It mentions on that page that its possible to book a pre install engineer visit to check - is this free and how do I book it?

When I phone the usual VM customer service number, I can't get past the menu because it require you to enter a VM phone number or account number, which obviously I don't have yet.

Kind regards

C

1 REPLY 1

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Cbeereend

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Please call our sales team on 0800 183 1234 and we can help further 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill