cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to book an engineer for an ethernet socket?

sophharvs
Tuning in

I got Virgin broadband 2 days ago and was told I can book a free engineer to install an ethernet socket in the upstairs office room for gaming and work.

I can’t find anywhere to do this online. Could anyone please assist me in booking this? 🙂

7 REPLIES 7

goslow
Alessandro Volta

VM doesn't install ethernet network sockets. You'd need to find a local installer to do that for you.

Oh no really? The sales woman on the phone told me that they did 😞 typical.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If you've only recently joined VM, a top tip for future reference would be to take anything you are told over the phone by VM with a very large pinch of salt, especially is if it is a VM sales person! For arranging anything important by phone with VM, such as contract changes etc., you should record the call if you can, IMHO.

A local electrician, or data/telecoms installer etc. should be able to fit an ethernet socket and cabled link for you between your hub and office/gaming room..

@sophharvs wrote:

Oh no really? The sales woman on the phone told me that they did 😞 typical.

Any time I hear the word 'free' I'd question the validity.

Ah lesson learned haha! 🤦🏻‍♀️ thank you. In that case, as im a volt customer, is it easy to order a wifi pod? I was told these were ‘free’ also haha.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

No, it's not easy. You have to justify it using the app. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Try the info here

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/intelligent-wifi

A wired connection between the hub and your office room will, however, give you the most reliable connection between the two areas.