cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you return items? I've tried everything...

randybaton
On our wavelength

Moved house, Virgin said they'd send a return envelope prior to me moving. That didn't happen...

Got to my new house and 5 weeks later got an email from virgin asking me to return the super hub, I filled out the details to get returns package sent to my new house 2 weeks ago, that packaging still hasn't arrived...

Got an SMS contact about arranging a pick up as they were in my area, they were supposed to pick up today. I got a message first thing today to remind me a pick up was due, then another message at 10 to say sorry they can't make it, but they'll be in touch to arrange another pick up...

Then got a message at 4 to say they'd be charging me £65 as I haven't returned the router....

Apparently i can't make a complaint as I'm no longer a customer...

And live chat is down...

I've ordered another returns package lets see if this one arrives...

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup just one of the many broken systems VM are operating. The VM forum team will I'm sure be in contact to help facilitate the return and advise that the charges will be waived upon receipt of the kit and that the texts are automatic etc. System is still broken though and no sign of anyone at VM giving a flying fig about it. 

if this was an energy supplier I'd be straight onto ombudsmen and have £50 in my pocket. Can't imagine it'll be long before the broadband suppliers are forced into the same sort of thing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a sort of ombudsman called CISAS but I imagine this will be resolved without a need to involve them here. 

derekheeps
Dialled in

Why not just drop it into your nearest Virgin media Store and get a receipt for it ?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@derekheeps 

Great idea, but sadly VM closed all of their UK stores around the end of May 2020.

Dropping the equipment off at an O2 store won't help either, as even though VMO2 is a joint venture they are trading separately and don't have access to each others systems yet.

@randybaton 

Why don't you print out your own returns label https://www.collectplus.co.uk/virgin  ?

Scroll down and click on create new label. Where it says customer reference number either enter  your Virgin Media account number, or the serial number of the equipment being returned. Then enter your email address, and click on "email me my new label" and follow the instructions in the email.

You can find your local Collect Plus point here store-locator  The shopkeeper will scan your parcel and give you a receipt with a unique reference code - keep this handy as proof - and don't forget to include a covering letter with your equipment with your name and account number.

The return kits are scanned into VM systems in bulk so it may take a while for your account to be updated to indicate the equipment has been returned, and in the meantime you will probably still receive emails asking to return the kit

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Great idea, but sadly VM closed all of their UK stores around the end of May 2020. "

In that case , it might be an idea if they took down the part of their website which STILL gives all the locations and telephone numbers  !   

https://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/store-locator.pdf

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for that @derekheeps 

I've passed the info on to the forum mods to pass back to the web team

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @randybaton,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am so sorry for everything regarding returning your equipment.

I will send you a private message now, so I can get something arranged for you.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide