Menu
Oldgeezer1
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How do you get an engineer

I'm having the same issue, slow broadband, unable to watch on demand as it keeps buffering and crashing out, and landline not working at all so I'm not able to use the free phone number, just upgraded to VIP package, new box sitting on the table as I'm unable to use it until these issues are fixed, Very frustrated !

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How do you get an engineer

Staff don't normally frequent this area as it's for general chat and not help.

There's a  freephone number 0800 052 0422

If you create a post in the /Networking-and-WiFi forum detailing your broadband problems, also are you talking wired or wireless connections you should receive help from the tech guru's.

It will also help if you can do the following :-

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return.

Don't login, instead below there click on Check Router Status

From the Router Status” page copy/paste 3 FULL sets of data onto here – from the Downstream, Upstream, & Network Logs pages. 

You could also set up a BQM monitor  at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you can post the link straight away.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK.

You may need to start a separate post in the Home-Phone/  forum regarding your telephony problems.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Oldgeezer1
Just joined
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I cannot lie but most of what you put was way over my head (the reason is in my name) but the freephone number you gave me was brilliant, I now have an engineer coming out to me on Tuesday, Thank you so much 🙂

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi again oldgeezer1,

Thanks for the update.

Fingers crossed the engineer can fix all of your issues on Tuesday.

Let us know how you get on.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Oldgeezer1
Just joined
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Will do Buddy !
0 Kudos