Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How do i order a new hub?

Hi all, I have been working from home a lot recently and ran in to a lot of issues. My companies IT guys remote connected to my computer. Whilst they sorted out my immediate problems they have strongly advised me to get a new hub. How can I order one as I cannot find how to order one on the web site?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How do i order a new hub?

Hi.
Send me a pm with postcode, account number and area code if you know this and I will look into it for you.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Tonyid105492 wrote:

Hi all, I have been working from home a lot recently and ran in to a lot of issues. My companies IT guys remote connected to my computer. Whilst they sorted out my immediate problems they have strongly advised me to get a new hub. How can I order one as I cannot find how to order one on the web site?

Do your IT guys understand that the VM hubs are rented from VM and, if faulty, will be replaced by VM.

Or are they suggesting that the VM hub is somehow 'not up to the job' and are advising you to purchase a third party router to use with your VM hub in modem mode?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks Graham. the IT guys believe that the hub is faulty

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Tonyid105492 wrote:

Many thanks Graham. the IT guys believe that the hub is faulty

Ok, in that case you would be best sending the details to Scott_B that he requested by Private Message - click on his name to bring up the messaging option.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do i order a new router?

My router has been faulty since I signed up with this useless company. Any idea how I can get them to actually do something? Their 'helpline' is populated with people whose sole aim is to pass the buck to another department and then claim the problem is 'closed'.

Virgin charges for its service then doesn't deliver.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do i order a new router?

@IanD48

Raise a separate post and also explain why you think the VM hub is faulty.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos