Menu
Elspethc
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How do I order a new hub

My hub 2 keeps dropping Wi-fi-  how do I order a new one? I’ve tried ringing, instant messaging. W head an engineer out who fixed the internet when it had disappeared entirely but said the hub was ok. It isn’t though and it means I’m ramping through phone data

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I order a new hub

why do you think a new hub will solve the wifi problem - do you have wired devices - if so do they lose connection - if you have no wired devices what do the hub lights do when wifi drops

wifi can be affected by many things - the hub is the last thing on the list - that said VM hubs are not the best wifi device - there are many better alternatives

but start with some info - comment on wired devices and

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

if its an earlier hub button is top right

Tony
0 Kudos
Elspethc
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I don’t have a hub 3, it’s a hub 2.

I've logged in and can’t find anything that says upstream or downstream 

Wired laptop is ok

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

you dont need to log in - its all there if you follow the instructions - as to the SH2 - hub3 - there is no improvement in the wifi by going to the hub3 - some would say its worse - if the wired connections are ok then its likely not the hub - there are many ways to solve bad wifi from a new [better] router with the hub in modem mode to mesh systems - simply changing the hub is unlikely to solve much - but VM will change you to a hub3 - wait here for VM or keep trying on the phone 

Tony
0 Kudos