Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How do I get to talk to someone with authority?

I am trying to get Virgin Media installed in my recently renovated house. I had an engineer do a bungled installation with wires left hanging and no equipment installed. However I am now receiving bills for the service which, clearly, I'm not getting. Call centres are unable to deal with this situation and I constantly get my call forwarded into the void that is the call system never to be answered. I have failed to explain to someone that I DO NOT HAVE AN INSTALLED SYSTEM and please stop sending me bills.

I have also requested an engineer to attend and complete the installation but have had to postpose the installation a couple of times because the builders have asked me to delay (equipment, materials and scaffolding in the way). The result is that Virgin has now put a stop on my account - however they are demanding payment for services I clearly don't have!

I have been a customer of Virgin Media ever since they took over NTL in my area - 20 years or more ago? I have a spotless account and have never failed to pay my bill on time. I am now deeply frustrated with Virgin's processes which are unable to deal with slightly unusual circumstances because of the streamlined system which, if everything happens as it should, works well - but fails dismally if there is an unusual event.

I have now lodged a formal complaint - which should have been replied to within 28 days but is now well overdue. I have been forced to report them to the regulator - something I was reluctant to do as I am a fan of Virgin and they provide an excellent technical service.

I am now convinced that I am not going to get my system installed in time for me getting back into my property and I am forced to go to Sky - who can install a system (albeit at lower performance) in a matter of days. Poor show Virgin.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I get to talk to someone with authority?

problem here is it sounds like you are in a contract. You have not allowed VM to fix the problem by "asking them to delay the engineer"

you need to get an engineer booked to fix the install. the phone lines are still open or wait about a week and staff here can book you the engineer

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like you need to wait for the outcome of the complaint before you can go any further. 

Note that you can't go to CISAS until 8 weeks after your complaint or a deadlock letter has been issued by Virgin. The regulator OFCOM will have no interest in individual cases. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes - I'm well over 8 weeks now. Virgin only acknowledged my complaint the day the 8 weeks expired!.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank You. I would LOVE for someone to book an engineer for me. Last time I tried I was told that my account was on hold. I'd also like someone to tell your accounts department to stop billing me for services I'm not receiving as there is no installation.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

not my accounts department. you'll have to tell that to VM

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Oops - yes, sorry. Thanks for reminding me that some of the best help comes from outside VM!

0 Kudos