Menu
e110074
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How do I get in touch to modify my package?

It sounds really simple - I have TV, Phone and Broadband - I do not use TV and Phone (haven't done for years) and would like to cancel those and upgrade my broadband. 

I've been trying all week to get in touch on the phone. 3 times I got through to be able to push options, only to be put on hold for 2 hours+, 1 hour+ and another stint at over an hour before hanging up (was using my mobile). The rest of the times it just goes to an automated message to tell me they can't take my call and to try again later and 'goodbye'. 

I tried online, and the online agent told me they can 'upgrade', but cannot remove the TV and Phone, that I'd need to 'call' the retentions team, even though all of the security had been passed. I don't need to be talked into keeping TV and Phone and I don't use them. 

Does anyone have a direct number or e-mail or anything that can help? It's just getting ridiculous now. I think the best bet is to try again tomorrow, and if I get the same, to order broadband from another supplier and just cancel the direct debit. Legally that would be fine as they are not keeping up to their end of the bargain at all, either on the service side, or on the speeds they guarantee. I'm on M200 and should be getting 213 Mbps average (with a minimum guaranteed download Speed of 107Mbps) but only getting a very poor 15Mbps on average, with the highest being 23Mbps

0 Kudos
realh
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I get in touch to modify my package?

I've got a similar problem. I have 200M broadband and phone and want to upgrade to Oomph, transferring my existing Virgin mobile account, but also remove Talk More Anytime from my landline. I'd love to be able to do this online, but there I haven't even got as far as the OP. All the links to online chat are either not links any more or just take me back to the login page. Is it temporarily broken?

Then I tried phoning 150. Once past the automatic switchboard I was surprised to get through to a human almost immediately, but she said she'd have to transfer me to the Oomph Team, but after that I just got a split second of hold music, followed by an ominous long beep, then complete silence.

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I get in touch to modify my package?

@e110074 wrote:

I'm on M200 and should be getting 213 Mbps average (with a minimum guaranteed download Speed of 107Mbps) but only getting a very poor 15Mbps on average, with the highest being 23Mbps

Yes - contacting VM can be a trial at the best of times... to give yourself the best chance of getting through, call them on the stroke of 8am.. you should have a shorter wait... if necessary, follow the options for “thinking of leaving” and speak to the retentions team.

on a separate, but probably more important note.. upgrading to a faster package may not increase your speeds - you say that you’re getting an average of 15mpbs - upgrading to 350/500 may not improve that, depending on what the problem is with your connection..

if it’s just poor Wi-fi, then you may need to invest in a new Wi-fi router (this will be true whether it’s a 200mbs or 500mbps connection) the hub is not a good device (i called it something else yesterday and got moderated for it, so choosing different words today :p)

if there is an underlying issue with your connection then you’ll need an engineer visit to put it right before you can reliably achieve higher speeds..

If it’s overutilisation in the area then unfortunately you are at VMs mercy as to when it will be fixed and upgrading is unlikely to have any impact whatsoever.

the good news is that we can probably help diagnose which of these issues you’re facing, so that you can make an informed decision about whether or not to upgrade, whilst a faster connection is always nice, there’s really not that many “typical” use cases in the home that a 200/20 connection won’t service effectively.. 

First question is have you done any testing with a device directly connected to the hub with an ethernet cable, if so what are the speeds like?

secondly, can you set up a BQM please - this will graph the performance of your connection over time and will usually highlight if there’s an overutilisation issue.. 

0 Kudos