cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get Virgin to send me out a Wayleave Form?

RM84
Joining in

Virgin Media have rescheduled my installation date twice now.
The second occasion they stated was because I hadn’t gotten approval for external cabling from my apartment building manager.

What they didn’t take into consideration was that I have phoned Virgin Media 5 TIMES to request a wayleave form be sent to me! Each and every time, I have been told that my request has been processed and that I would have the wayleave form within either 24 hours or 48 hours. Over a week and numerous phone calls later and I am still waiting. 
What makes this more frustrating is that I am presently without broadband/TV because my old contract has finished.

Can anybody advise how I can speak directly to the department responsible for wayleave forms? How I can get this matter pushed through urgently, because quite frankly I am reconsidering going back to my old provider.

6 REPLIES 6

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

You download the form, do a Google search for Virgin Media Wayleave form.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

No, because the form has to be completed by Virgin stating the work that they’re carrying out and that they take liability for any damages.

I need Virgin to complete the form before sending it to me! How am I to know what work Virgin plan on carrying out.

You have got it wrong. The wayleave is an access agreement lasting for as long as VM is in business as a cable operator (likely to be decades). The work required now is a different matter.

--

From my building manager: “the wayleave form has to come from a representative from the company who will be carrying out the works as the wayleave form states that they will cover / repair any damage made”.

Why doesn't he sign the form, send it to VM who signs it as well.

Compensation for damage is spelt out in the form.

3) We will take all reasonable precautions to reduce as far as possible any damage when carrying out our rights under this agreement, and will repair, to your reasonable satisfaction, any damage we cause to the property.

4) We will cover you against liability for all third-party claims, costs, proceedings and damages (‘claims') arising out of us failing to keep to this agreement or being negligent in carrying out our rights under this agreement as long as you tell us about any claim as soon as possible, do not agree or settle any claim without first getting written permission from us or our insurers (which will not be unreasonably withheld or delayed), make reasonable efforts to reduce your losses, and
allow us to defend the claim in your name. We will cover the cost of defending the claim.

5) Our liability to you under or in connection with this agreement will be limited to £10,000,000 (ten million pounds), and does not include any liability for any indirect or consequential loss (including loss of profits, business, revenue, contracts or anticipated savings). We do not restrict or limit our liability to you for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.

--

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

https://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/networkexpansion/Wayleave/access_agreement.pdf 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali