Menu
lluuccyy
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How do I book an engineer to install broadband?

Hi there, I ordered the Quick Start Broadband option but it turns out I can't use it without having Virgin installed first (which I didn't realise). Can anybody tell me how I book this? I've spend the last 2 hours searching the website, having a pointless conversation on webchat where they told me to phone a helpline which I then got cut off from after holding for 45 mins. Is there another way or a direct dial I can use? Thank you! Lucy

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I book an engineer to install broadband?

Hi lluuccyy, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you're not able to complete your installation. I have converted the order to a manned install which means an engineer will come out to install things for you. We cannot confirm the appointment time slot publicly, so to view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM

If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
lluuccyy
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Thank you so much for your very helpful response! Unfortunately I am going to unavoidably be out during the allocated time. I clicked on the link but it is saying I don't have an appointment to reschedule (even though I have received a text message to confirm this).

I can do pretty much any other time on any day post Wednesday so it is really unlucky that I can't make this time! Please can you let me know what I can do to reschedule it - or whether you could do this for me? (I will be able to do any other slot in the next month!)

Please can you advise me on what I should do.

Thank you,

Lucy

0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us @lluuccyy, I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues rescheduling the appointment. 

I'm going to send you a PM so we can get this rescheduled for you to your preferred date/time. 

Please look out for a notification in the purple envelope located in the top right hand corner of your screen. 

Thanks 🙂 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for PMing with us @lluuccyy, glad we were able to get this rescheduled for you. 

Any further issues please pop another post on this thread and we'll happily assist. 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

0 Kudos