Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

How can I relocate my Virgin hub?

I live in a terraced apartment, with the main Virgin entry point near the front door on the lower floor.
My Virgin broadband box (or socket?) is on the upper floor, from where I am now connected to the Virgin hub 3.0. Relocating this hub and connecting it to the entry point cable downstairs will enable me to create an ethernet connection in my home, as BT master socket is near this entry point, and after a recent refurbishment, all rooms have a phone point and the entire phone cabling in my row of houses is Cat 6.
How can I achieve this, and what connectors do I need? I cannot run a cable from upstairs socket to downstairs entry point. Currently, there is a 15db forward path attenuator connecting cable to hub. How essential is this? Do I need to relocate the socket as well? And is the above relocation permitted by a user, without engineer callout?
current hub connectorcurrent hub connectorentry point connectionentry point connectionVirgin socket currently in useVirgin socket currently in use

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can I relocate my Virgin hub?

I can't see your pictures yet until they are approved, but if there isn't a socket downstairs that you can use then you'll need an engineer. So that'll be £99. 

You shouldn't be messing with VM cables yourself as if you shorten the cable the levels may need to be checked. 

0 Kudos