Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How can I Fast track my Connection date which has been postponed twice

Our connection date has been postponed for the 2nd time after Virgin requested switch from our current provider

We were supposed to be connected on the afternoon of 19th of October, and we had received a letter from our current Broadband provider that Virgin had contacted them for the switch so they will be disconnecting us on the 19th.

However, the  2nd set of cabling guys who came in the morning of the 19th  ( 1st set came a few days earlier)  observed they could not clear some  of the blockage. So installation date was postponed. With the help of the VirginMedia rep for our new build estate, we got  the site manager to do all the civil works to clear the blockage. We then callled to reschedule an installation  for the 9th of November ( that was the earliest they could give us despite cancelling our current broadband service. 

They then contacted us yesterday saying they had to postpone  installation as thier crew were denied access to  our "private road" for external cabling works. This is a lie as we do not live on a private road, we have had several virgin Media/Comex crew come round our road in recent times. 

is there a way i can get VM to fast track my installation as the earliest dates are end of the month which is a long time to be without broadband? 

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can I Fast track my Connection date which has been postponed twice

You don't need your old broadband connection to be disconnected before the Virgin service is connected. They use different cables and networks, and both can be run together. 

It is recommended that you do not cancel the old service until the new one is working, in case there are installation delays.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As far as VM is concerned, any road that is not adopted by the Local Authority is a Private Road.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I did not cancel  (or intend to cancel) my old service, neither did i contact them. I have been messed about by Virgin Media previously. 

I also thought they could run together, thats why I was surprised when i received a lettter  from my old service provider that I was switching service - which means Virgin Media contacted them. 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I understand it being a private road, what i cannot understand is how they could not get access - They  were just suposed to pass cables through already installed ducts, which the previous crew did, but from the wrong manhole. 

0 Kudos