Menu
WhyDoINeedAOne
Just joined
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How Do I Cancel My Contract?

I'm a new customer and my router arrived broken out the box. Its sounds like a maraca when shaken.

I tried to ring customer services, but there was no answer after 8 minutes of waiting (and a torturously annoying hold music, so I couldn't wait much longer).

The fact that Virgin is forcing me to post to a public forum just to get some support is the cherry on top.

I know that legally I have a cooling off period so can cancel without charge within 14 days, but I'm not sure how to do that (except by ringing the bloody customer service line again).

Any help, commiserations, or offers to run away to a deserted island and live the rest of our lives in an Edenic paradise would be welcome.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: How Do I Cancel My Contract?

You can ring up and cancel, but do it early morning like 8 am as you may get a British person to speak to, or you can send a recorded letter to VM saying you wish to cancel.

0 Kudos
WhyDoINeedAOne
Just joined
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Is there no way of doing it online? Like a button? "Click here to cancel".

How bizarre, how annoying, how much more it makes me want to leave Virgin after a single day.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Nope there isn't one online

0 Kudos
WhyDoINeedAOne
Just joined
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Okay, thanks. Odd that I can sign up online, easy as pie, but they make it impossible to cancel online. I wonder why...?

I'll cancel my direct debit before they take the first payment. Then at least I won't be losing money if the process takes forever.

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @WhyDoINeedAOne,

Welcome to our Community Forums, and thank you for your first post!

I'm really sorry to hear that your equipment arrived damaged! This is definitely not the service we aim to provide and I'm sorry to hear that this experience is making you want to leave our service.

I can send you a Private Message to look into this issue further and offer you a new Hub to replace the damaged one. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right of your Forum page.

I will be in touch soon.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

dont cancel your DD - they may be inefficient in many things but when it comes to collecting money they are as sharp as knives and if they cannot collect then the system is even better - they will put the debt out for collection and black mark your credit file

Tony
0 Kudos