cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move - was working now disconnected and account deleted!

TurboPigeon
Tuning in

Hi,

Yesterday we completed a house move. I took my Hub 3.0 and cables and everything was working at the new property after I connected it up which was was chuffed about.

Today however there is no internet and when I've logged in my account now shows 'You're not with Virgin Media anymore'

I've tried to contact the house move team on here, who said I need to wait for the activiation date and new equipment been delivered.

It just seems a bit backwards to go from having a working service to now having a deleted account and no service. As well as generating more waste from extra cables etc that aren't required.

From reading other threads it mentions about asking Virgin to allow the router MAC address to be allowed again? Is this correct and does anyone know the best way to get this done?

Thanks,

Pigeon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi I wouldn't worry about yodel as they probably won't turn up anyway, and if they do simply refuse to sign for it and let them return it to virgin, otherwise you will have the added problem of returning unwanted equipment. Regards Micky

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @TurboPigeon

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with getting your services up and running. 

It is possible to move the existing equipment to the new address and have that activated however this isn't always as straight forward if for example you are getting a newer version of the hub. 

When is your new equipment due to be sent out to you? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Zac,

All ok now thanks, still no Yodel package but old equipment working fine.

Can the Yodel parcel be cancelled as its not needed and is just a waste?

Thanks

Hi I wouldn't worry about yodel as they probably won't turn up anyway, and if they do simply refuse to sign for it and let them return it to virgin, otherwise you will have the added problem of returning unwanted equipment. Regards Micky

Thank you for the update @TurboPigeon.

Are you able to check your my VM account under the tab "My orders and appointments" to see if you have an order listed? If so, we can do our best to help from here.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs