Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

House has virgin installed. Can I use existing box?

Hey there,

I was wondering if some one could help me.

My tenants would like to keep the virgin package that is already installed in the house. The tenant whos name this was under has left several months ago. The package ran out last week.

Is it possible for me to create a new account for the same bundle and use the same equipment?

Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: House has virgin installed. Can I use existing box?

Hello

The contract whos name was it it, the previous tenant ?

Was the previous contract with virginmedia closed ?

They will have to have a new contract as a different name, and choose what they want, if the contract was in the previous tenants name.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: House has virgin installed. Can I use existing box?

when you say the contract ran out this week - is that the 12 month initial contract - if so it will go onto a rolling 30 day contract which is still chargeable to the original DD 

the original user will need to give 30 days notice if thats not possible i think VM have a way of closing the account as the user can be deemed to have gone away - they [VM] will then chase the user for any monies owed

you will need to start a new account in your name - thats a better option as you will be seen as a new customer and offered new customer deals - once you join they will send you new equipment - the kit from the old account will need to be returned or a charge will be added to the old account

Tony
0 Kudos