cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House Move

BitFlip
Joining in

Hey guys, so today I have moved into a new home that already has a VM connection, I obviously took all my hardware and connected it up but oddly the Internet is not working however the TV is.

I'm slightly confused as to why the TV would work and the Internet not?, On previous house moves to a VM capable property both services have worked fine just fine.

The hub 4 has a pulsing white light and not a steady cream light as it normally does, I see that it's requesting some DHCP but not receiving an offer.

What could be going on?

TIA

14 REPLIES 14

Had the Tech visit today, power levels from the cab were not enough to service my house with a gig1 connection as the cab is far away, So he has installed a powered splitter and once that was done I was told my old Hub wouldn't activate so got a new hub and am now back online.

However! I don't know if I am happy having to have a powered splitter plugged into my mains though as surely the cab should be providing ample power to service my street for gig1 connections.

Please advise?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You didn't say what the signal levels were before, so it's difficult to comment on the need for the amplifier. But he wouldn't have put it in if it wasn't needed. There is no harm in in having it there apart from a minute amount of electricity it uses.

The important thing is, if you are now getting a good service. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Yes, the service seems as good as it was before I moved home and I suppose if the splitter does not use much energy then I guess I'm OK with it.

Cheers 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If you Google the device's part number you could find a spec that will tell you the power consumption. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @BitFlip,

Thank you for coming back to us and confirming that your services are now working correctly!

Apologies that you're not completely happy with the splitter being put in, but as @jpeg1 previously advised, this would not be done if it was not needed. 

If you experience any other connection issues, please reach out to us and let us know. We'll be more than happy to investigate and help with your ongoing issue.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs