Menu
chuu_x
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Home phone never arrived

Hi!

I ordered a broadband package and then later added a home phone service as well before the broadband package was delivered. The broadband set has been delivered and works great but the home phone didn't arrive. Who should I contact about this? I'm struggling to find a good phone number to call and the chat bot isn't helpful for this.

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
goslow
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone never arrived

Not quite sure what you are asking for. Do you mean you are expecting to receive a telephone handset from VM to plug into your VM landline connection?

If so, VM don't provide that. You need to buy your own.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin don't provide landline handsets unless you have an Emergency Backup Line (EBUL) installed as part of the setup. Even then the one provided is very basic as it is for just dialling emergency services.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi you buy your own phone and plug it into your router. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi chuu_x,

VM should have sent you a small cable to connect your current landline phone to your hub, as per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/setup/triple/phone 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
chuu_x
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I see! Thank you everyone, it wasn't mentioned to me at the time of purchase that I would need my own phone. I had assumed we would get one as our previous providers had provided one.

In any case, I will buy a phone. Are there any compatibility requirements for the phone? 

Thank you

0 Kudos
goslow
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@chuu_x wrote:

<snip>

In any case, I will buy a phone. Are there any compatibility requirements for the phone? 

<snip>

Any ordinary modern phone should be suitable. A cordless setup works best when you are connecting to the back of the hub. Plug the cordless base station into the back of the hub via the adapter mentioned by @newapollo. Use additional satellite cordless handsets as required.

On some rare occasions, there are mentions on the forum of issues connecting the phone. These are usually related to caller ID or the phone not ringing and usually only apply to older equipment (15+ years old) or to a problem on an individual user’s connection. Buy from somewhere which has a good returns policy in case, on the unlikely off-chance, you do run into a problem.

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @chuu_x

Welcome to our Forums and thanks for posting. 

Apologies for any confusion- we do not supply a telephone handset. 

I see our Community members have kindly answered your questions but feel free to give me a should if you need anything else. 

Cheers 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos