Menu
RobS-UK
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Home move won’t activate

Hi

I moved house yesterday as an existing customer and had arranged a quick start at my new house today.

Plugged the hub in and everything seemed to boot up, texted GO to the number as prompted but got a message saying something went wrong and I needed to call. Hub is on with a white light and I can see by checking the router settings it has locked to a connection. 

Called up and was on hold for 40 minutes before someone answered who said the issue was I didn’t have the right codes on my account?! They said they would need to make some notes and transfer me which they duly did. Hold music again for 30 minutes before... I was cut off. 

Hub still not working. Before I call again what’s the current turnaround time for a response here...??

0 Kudos
RobS-UK
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home move won’t activate

Having called again it seems they can’t help. This person also wanted to try to escalate it to another team but says they will call me sometime in the next couple of days?! She couldn’t tell me what the problem was at all.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home move won’t activate

Hi RobS-UK,

Sorry to see you are having issues following your home move.

You could try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

They may be able to update the systems with the correct code, or if the worst comes to the worst arrange an engineer visit.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos