Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Home move nightmare!

Hello, I've been trying to book an engineer to install a virgin socket in my new house after moving last week. After days of waiting to talk to someone I finally spoke to an adviser last week on Thursday who after I explained my postcode was new and therefore was not showing as if Virgin covered the area, it DOES cover (my neighbours have Virgin and I saw the Virgin car working in my block many times since last week) so she agreed to send me an engineer. I missed a call from her 2 days ago at lunch time, the voice mail said she would try again in 1 hours but haven't. Now I received an email today saying my account is closed and I have to pay £140 early disconnection fee! Let me make this clear, I do not want to disconnect, I want to move my account over to my new house and I know 100% that Virgin covers this area. It looks like Virgin is trying to push me to leave! When I call the call centre message says my issue is only being dealt with online, online the web chat says the issue is only being dealt with by phone. The app wont allow me to send messages. I'm feeling like a clown trying desperately to keep my account open and reconnect my services with you and after years of being your customer being treated like a joke. Please could you just book me an engineer so we can get this sorted? I understand due to the current situation you are at low capacity but we customers are also living the same situation, in my case I'm working from home and having to rely on my 4g mobile hotspot to access the internet working over 12/13 hrs a day to be able to do my job. I'm sympathetic to your situation but I'm not getting the same treatment from you which is very disappointing! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home move nightmare!

Hello

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home move nightmare!

thank you Mike, I will try that

0 Kudos