cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home hub installation - wrong wall attachment

JenniSaul68
Joining in

I’ve just received my virgin hub but it doesn’t connect to the BT wall socket - It appears if you don’t have tv or mobile its pretty impossible to get in touch with anyone at Virgin media to have an engineer come to resolve this!!

It’s so frustrating - Anybody have any suggestions please other than cancelling?

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Call the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734

Have you checked to make sure there is no other kind of connection? Sometimes there is no wall box, just a trailing cable. The cable could be hidden within, or behind, furniture. Occasionally only a very short stub of wire is left behind often hidden within a blanked-off fitting. The wall box may be branded with the logos of an old cable TV company (not VM). Past occupiers of your property may have removed the cable and sometimes they are removed by other installers, such as satellite TV techs.

If you have a plastic omnibox outside on the wall (where the VM cable comes in from the street) see if you can trace any wires from that into your home.

If no luck, call the number above for a tech installation.

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JenniSaul68,

Thanks for posting and welcome too our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you've not been able to get things set up. I've had a look from our side and can see you've been able to contact us regarding this.

If you do still need help with anything please let us know.

Alex_Rm