Menu
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Home broadband, no wall socket, booked engineer visit but only self-starter pack arrived

Hello,

I’m a new customer. I’ve ordered Virgin home broadband and booked an engineer visit for today to help me get started (it’s a new property, and I assumed I might need technical help with setting everything up in the flat or out in the street cabinet). 

However, only a self-starter pack has arrived, requiring a wall socket (which I don’t have). I assume I will need an engineer visit  at this point. What would be the quickest way to book it? Could I receive any additional support in the meantime, in order to have some form of internet connection? (E.g. data vouchers, a WiFi dongle?) Thank you!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home broadband, no wall socket, booked engineer visit but only self-starter pack arrived

if they have sent a self install there has been VM there before - its possible the internal box has been removed or it may be just a cable sticking out of the wall - if you cannot find anything then you need a tech - staff here should be able to help or ring

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home broadband, no wall socket, booked engineer visit but only self-starter pack arrived

Hi jtekozlowska, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

Our apologies for any confusion with the order for services. 

Have you been able to complete the installation?

^Martin

0 Kudos