cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Move resulted in being cut off and removed from Virgin Media

joejoewalters
Tuning in

We requested a home move last week, the quick start kit was supposed to turn up last Sunday but never did, we were told our new connection was going to be active anyway so I installed the existing hub we brought with us and everything worked.

Today I woke up to find that the internet had gone, logging in to my account I found this message:

"You're not with Virgin Media anymore
If there's any information you want to grab from your account, you have 90 days from your disconnection date to do so. Please make sure you retrieve all your important emails and files before this time."

What is going on? Why have I been cut off? I requested a house move, not to leave ..

Then I got a message saying my kit needed to be returned otherwise I'd be charged.

Anyone able to help?

11 REPLIES 11

Update

Finally got hold of someone to solve my issue. After speaking to many operators who did a lot of typing but not much was getting fixed, I got hold of a really helpful operator who solved my problem on 5 minutes. Just to reiterate .. 5 minutes it took .. all she had to do was register my MAC address for my hub to my new property which should have been done from day 1 but wasn’t, 2 other operators on top of the original person who arranged the move were unable to do this correctly. That is shocking service.

I just want to put a big thank you out there for the last operator who was very very helpful and solved the previous **bleep** ups very quickly.

All in all, home moves at virgin are an utter shambles. You are better off just cancelling your contract and creating a new one which is what happens anyway but you pay an extra £20 for the privilege of it being messed up. Hopefully I won’t get double charged for the fact I have to have a new account and contract now which seems a bizarre way to operate but there you go ..

The only annoyance I have now is I cannot use my own email address for the new account as it’s already registered against the old one .. not great to have to use someone else’s email address or create a new one just for a home move .. hey ho .. engineer is still coming out to sort out the wall box so hopefully that will be helpful at least.

That was not fun .. 

@joejoewalters wrote:

Snip....

All in all, virgin are an utter shambles.

.....snip 

There you go, fixed it for you!😃