Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

High pitch buzzing

My hub 3.0 makes a very irritating high pitched buzzing noise all the time, it's out and well ventilated, and all connections are secure. I replaced the power source and that did not work. It coincides with times when I know the router is processing traffic such as when I'm streaming Netflix to my TV. I have a video of it where it can be very clearly heard. What can I do to stop this I can even hear it over films! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: High pitch buzzing

@ilovegiller wrote:

My hub 3.0 makes a very irritating high pitched buzzing noise all the time, it's out and well ventilated, and all connections are secure. I replaced the power source and that did not work. It coincides with times when I know the router is processing traffic such as when I'm streaming Netflix to my TV. I have a video of it where it can be very clearly heard. What can I do to stop this I can even hear it over films! 

Replacement HUB.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, do you know if virgin support team members pay attention to these posts or do I need to post somewhere specific in order to get their attention and request a new hub? Cheers 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

Yes the VM forum staff will get to the post it may take several days are they are quite busy dealing with the oldest post first, please be patient with them.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If it's non urgent they'll respond when they have time. 

Or you can just ring them up on the normal support number. 

0 Kudos