cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi

Halloran95
Joining in

I’ve ordered a broadband only package and it said I was applicable for a self install kit. But I have no Virgin Media Wall socket in my house. All the wall sockets I can see are for BT. 

Tried looking but can't see a way to book an engineer for this?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can also check for a loose cable as not all properties have a socket. Look outside for a brown or grey VM box on the wall and trace the cable to the inside. If it is a loose cable only, you will need one of these to connect the Quickstart cable. https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-f-type-satellite-cable-coupler/5028422001905_BQ.prd

If you cant find any cables, try calling the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday and explain the situation and that you need a manned install.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Halloran95 

Thanks for posting, welcome to both the community and indeed Virgin Media.

Sorry to hear of the install delay caused by the wall sockets missing. On our system, we would have had it listed as serviceable which normally does mean QuickStart's can be done. We can see that you've spoke to the team and got a technician visit booked in.

Please let us know how the visit goes. 

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill