cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with rewiring house for Virgin

amrutwell
Joining in

I’m having my house rewired so wanted to run coaxial cables in case I decide to get Virgin TV/broadband in the future (I have the official RG6 cables to do this). The brown box will likely get fitted at the front of the house on the ground floor, and I would want to place the isolator and Hub in my office which is at the back of the house on the first floor. I was planning on running one coax cable internally from where the brown box would go to where the Hub will be. If I also get Virgin TV, the box will be located in the downstairs living room, so I would run another cable from the Hub to this location. I have Cat 6 wired to all rooms, so can easily connect Ethernet to the TV box.

2 REPLIES 2

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi amrutwell 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome to the Community Forums.

If you are looking to have our cabling fitted at your premises, you would need to take out a package with us. In an ideal scenario (no obstructions, construction issues, etc.), the setup you've planned would more than likely be possible to do without issues.

If you wish to discuss our services further, then it would be best to get in touch with our Sales Team by calling 📞 0800 183 1234

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If you are currently in the middle of a rewire, you could consider installing plastic conduit to take the VM cables around your home.

The cost of the conduit is small but installing it during a rewire would allow you to make future modifications or additions to your services with minimal disruption if you leave a draw wire in the conduit for future use.