Menu
Mikejackalope
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Help with cancellation

I excitedly signed up for virgin last week. 

When I registered for an oomph bundle I picked an installation date of the 5th or 6th of October. 

I then received an email to say it couldn't be done until end November. This isn't acceptable to me as I need to work from home. 

I have since spoken to at least 8 people and have been passed from person over 4 phone calls. 

At first I tried to change my date but have grown so frustrated I want to cancel. 

I called yesterday with this intention and spent one and a half hours on the phone. The last person (the 4th) that I spoke to said he would connect me to the right person. 

After a further 30 minutes on call, I got a recorded message asking me to hang up.

This was absolutely infuriating. 

I have called again this morning with the intention to cancel and again noone could help.

Is there another way I can cancel my service? I'm in a 14 day cooling off period. I feel like I've been scammed!

Thanks. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help with cancellation

When the engineer turns up for the install just tell him / her "no thanks".

If it is a self install; refuse the delivery.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Mikejackalope
Just joined
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for your advice.

I am concerned that as this package includes a SIM card that it will come in the post without option to reject. 

Also, as the installation date is outwith the 14 day period is that OK?

Thanks again

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The 14 day period doesn't start until the service is connected.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Mikejackalope
Just joined
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you

0 Kudos