cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please, new connection no wall box

rp987
Joining in

Hi

I moved into a new house yesterday. I ordered fibre a month ago and the hub kit has been delivered, but there are no wall boxes that work. 

The only wall boxes are old NTL boxes with TV and FM connections. These do not work.  I spoke to 3 customer service people yesterday and none could help. 1 said to wait until today and she would enable the hub overnight, but it still doesn’t work. 

There is another virgin media wall box but it only has what looks like an old DSL/phone line connection. 

Can someone help arrange an engineer visit asap?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The old NTL socket "should" work, but it could be disconnected in the street cabinet, or the cable has been cut somewhere along the line.

They should have known this when you phoned in and arranged a technician to visit.

Call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday, and see if they can help?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

VM [here] leave posts a couple of days before picking them up - dont ask why - dont know so you need to ring again if you want better than that - hopefully CS can sort it better than the BS you have had so far

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The old NTL socket "should" work, but it could be disconnected in the street cabinet, or the cable has been cut somewhere along the line.

They should have known this when you phoned in and arranged a technician to visit.

Call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday, and see if they can help?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi rp987,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome both here and to Virgin Media, I was able to, locate you on our system with the details we have for you and can see a technician has been arranged, please let us know how things go.

Regards

Paul.